If you’re like me, then you probably crave french fries on the reg. With summer just around the corner, you know it will soon be time to dig out last year’s bathing suit. If you’re looking for a healthy savory alternative before you hit the beach, then opt for this healthy alternative to McDonald’s, Cookout, or your fry joint of choice. Put the potato down, because we are making asparagus fries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 cup breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper for taste
1 pound trimmed asparagus
½ cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray or olive oil.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a bowl. Add salt and pepper for taste. Set aside.
3. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl, then dredge asparagus in flour and dip into egg mixture.
4. Next, drench asparagus into breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture, adding pressure to throughly coat.
5. Arrange asparagus in a single layer onto the baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy.
6. Serve and enjoy these guilt-free fries.
Looking for more ways to eat asparagus? Check these out: